Wellness & Weight Loss
We at Bailey Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Centre´ are excited to share that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved ORBERA™ to assist adult patients suffering from obesity – with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 to 40 – in losing and maintaining weight. ORBERA™ is a safe and effective weight loss solution with 20 years of global experience and real world results. More than 220,000 ORBERA™ balloons distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
The ORBERA™ balloon is part of the ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System, a comprehensive, non-surgical two-part program that includes a balloon filling space in a patient’s stomach to reinforce proper portion control. Data on ORBERA™ collected in the U.S. clinical trial has shown that the average person lost 3.1 times the weight as compared with diet and exercise alone within six months.
ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System
- 3.1 times the weight loss than diet and exercise alone
- Safe and effective weight loss solution
- Over 220,000 placements worldwide
- Now FDA approved
Q. What is ORBERA™ ?
- Starts with a soft balloon placed in your stomach for six months to reinforce proper portion control.
- The ORBERA™ balloon take up space in your stomach helps you eat smaller meals.
- Balloon is temporary and placed in your stomach for six months without surgery or any incisions
- Patients will receive coaching from a team of experts, which may include a dietician, psychologist, and exercise physiologist
- Coaching continues after balloon is removed at six months for a total of 12 months
Q. What is the Procedure?
- During the Non-surgical procedure the thin and deflated ORBERA™ balloon is placed into the stomach. It is then filled with saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day.
- At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed. Through a non-surgical procedure, it is deflated first then removed.
Q. What Should I Expect?
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment
- On average patients lost 3.1 times the weight loss of diet and exercise alone
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results
Q. Do I Qualify for ORBERA™?
- You must be an adult
- You should have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- You must be willing to participate in a medically supervised program
Q. What is the ORBERA™ Advantage?
- After six months with the ORBERA™ two-part program, people lost an average 3.1x the weight patients lost with diet & exercise alone.
- Proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed.
- A more than 20 year history of helping thousands of people lose weight.
- More than 220,000 ORBERA™ balloons have been distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
- With the FDA approval of ORBERA™, patients now have a safe and effective treatment option.